Today is my first fathers day…so I’ve been at this for about 10 months now…and here’s what I’ve learned so far:
- After a while you stop trying to warm up the baby wipes when your wiping booties.
- After a while…I’ve started to consider myself as a professional diaper changer.
- The Walmart brand of diapers holds just as good as that expensive brand (Pampers) for half the price.
- Baby food tastes like crap.
- Go Diego Go is their favorite show…the songs start to stick after about the umpteenth time you play the same episode for them.
- A double-wide stroller isn’t so convenient when you go to the mall.
- They grow so fast that you start buying baby clothes a couple of sizes up and figure they’ll grow into it.
- You become a jungle gym to be climbed on when it’s playtime.
- Putting them down for the night gets harder and harder unless they’re exhausted (Julie’s a fighter though…she’ll sit up in her crib and pass out sitting).
- Being a dad is pretty awesome.
At first the thought of being a dad was scary, but as time goes by I couldn’t imagine life without my bears, they are definitely two very awesome characters.
To all the others dads…both new and old…
Happy Father’s Day!
Me, Gabriel & Juliana